Commercial Real Estate: Resources for Business Professionals
Updated: Mar 31
If you’re a U.S. business professional who’s ready to delve into the local commercial real estate market, this guide is for you. Beta Abstract shares the following resources to help you understand the ins and outs of commercial real estate, find commercial properties, and even start your own commercial real estate business. Read on to begin!
What do I need to know about real estate careers?
There are many different ways to launch a successful career in commercial real estate. Here are some things business professionals should know when choosing a career path.
● According to Reonomy, there are eight different types of commercial real estate: multifamily, offices, industrial properties, retail centers, hotels, mixed-use buildings, land, and special-purpose properties.
● Different types of real estate careers include real estate investing, brokerage, appraisal, and development.
● As one of the most common real estate careers, the average pay for a commercial real estate agent is around $89,000 per year in the United States.
How do I find commercial real estate listings?
When you’re ready to search for commercial real estate properties, these tips will help you to get started.
● Decide whether buying or leasing commercial property will be best for your real estate goals.
● Learn how to buy commercial property with some tips from Than Merrill of Fortune Builders.
● Find what you’re looking for on commercial real estate listings websites like Brevitas, Spacelist, QuantumListing, and Commercial Cafe.
How do I go about getting my own real estate business off the ground?
Ready to launch your own commercial real estate business? Here are some tips to get the ball rolling!
● To apply for your real estate license, check out resources for real estate licensing. Sites like Hooquest.com offer downloadable checklists for going through the process, from choosing a broker to buying lockboxes.
● To get your commercial real estate business off the ground, connect with local handyman services to make repairs or updates. Use an online directory to help find pros with top ratings and strong reviews.
● Build credibility as a business owner by creating an eye-catching website, learning as much as possible about commercial real estate, designing business cards, and creating an attractive logo design.
● Use a loan API to gain visibility on your current liabilities and balances.
Whether you’re hoping to increase your earnings or grow as a business professional, careers in commercial real estate are oftentimes more challenging than residential real estate—but they also tend to be more financially rewarding. And while there are several similarities between commercial and residential real estate, there are some major differences you should be aware of. These tips and resources are just the start but they’ll help you to determine whether a career in commercial real estate could be right for you!
Thank you Cherie Mclaughlin from Couchbasedbiz.com !