There's something for everyone in New York, New Jersey, Florida, or Connecticut!
If you have been tossing around the idea of buying a home but are not sure if you're ready just yet, look at our checklist below to take care of some preliminary groundwork that will make your life easier when you are ready.
1. Determine your budget. How much house can you afford? Start by calculating your monthly income and debt.
2. Check your credit report and FICO score. There are many free services available online.
3. Use a mortgage calculator. Learn how much you need for a down payment and what your monthly payment might be with a free online mortgage calculator.
4. Get pre-approved for a mortgage. First, decide if you want a fixed or adjustable mortgage. Then speak to at least five lenders and mortgage brokers to shop for the best interest rates and programs (We will be able to help you with this as well).
5. Make a wish list. What do you want in a home? Choose a location, size (single- family, condominium, etc.) and architectural type (Victorian, Mid-Century Modern, etc.) and most importantly, pick a price range that meets your budget.
If you’re able to complete these preliminary steps, your home buying process will be that much easier and you can stay focused on what you want. Please contact us with any questions or for guidance through any or all of these steps.
We look forward to working with you!